Thursday, March 23, 2006

The Best Things Come From Nowhere

My daily text message horoscope: "Capricorn: You might find something of a dilemma on your own doorstep today and this throws other plans in disarray." Great. Thanks a lot. I LOVE disarray.

When I got home from work yesterday, I walked in the door and he looks at me and says, "So I think I'm going to drive back to CA. Tomorrow". It kind of knocked the wind out of me. I mean, I didn't expect him to move to NY and we'd fall in love and get married and live happily ever after or anything. But I was having fun and I wasn't done yet. I guess it's not up to me. So naturally, being that I am a girl and all girls are insane, I started to feel the "Well good, I'm over it anyway, go away, would you". I think that was more me being defensive to his leaving so suddenly. He hasn't felt very well for the last 2 days- lots of emotions boxed up in his jumbled up head and heart. And it's been taking a hard toll on him physically. He's been bummed out for the last few days and has barely left the apt. So after this long 3 month road trip, it is probably best for him to head back home and rest for a while- see his friends and family. It was just so abrupt and jarring for me to hear on Monday, "NY IS GREAT! I'll look for a job!" and then by Wednesday, he's announcing his departure. Of course, I feel like I somehow failed if I couldn't convince him that NYC is the only place to live.
I took him to jerk chicken and cupcakes and dancing at kthnxbye. I told him if it was his last night in New York, we'd stop the moping and go out and have some fun. So then OF COURSE when we get home he says, "I had a lot of fun. Maybe I could stay a few more days. What am I hurrying back for?"
I told him (as much as I- but I didn't say this part- really don't want him to leave) that he should stick with his decision and stop making himself crazy. He's always ALWAYS welcome in NYC and he knows he can come back any time. But he finally decided on something to do and it started to make him feel a little better, so he should just do that. I told him to go home and take his grandpa out to lunch like he hasn't been able to do in so long and he used to love to do.
Have a safe trip home, Dan. Thanks for stopping by. I had a lot of fun. And I'm glad you liked the pistachio cupcakes and my new favorite band.

Edited to add: I just remembered something. That tarot reading I had a few months back- she said that in March, either I'd meet someone new or some relationship with a friend I already have would change. She was convinced I'd be in a real relationship, but I told her that wasn't likely. So she settled on, "Well, you'll have something in March." She also said, "But be careful in April." She went on and on about how fertile I'll be in April. So no sex next month for this girl. Haha.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home