Wednesday, March 15, 2006

I don't want to work, I just want to bang on the drums all day

So Dan is in NYC. He arrived just as I was getting out of work on Monday. We went down to LES, I introduced him to Shandi and Jasper. We grabbed Rice with Sarah and Seth. He went and met a friend for coffee. I went and saw Guillemots- who were everything and more than I was anticipating! They are seriously amazing and I'm so excited to know about their music. I haven't been this excited for a band since....
Then we all reconvened at Pianos for karaoke. Took yesterday off of work and took Sarah, Dan and Seth across the Triboro into Harlem. Brunch at Kitchenette. Then the boys went their seperate ways and Sarah and I touristed around. Harlem is so neat. Wandered through Columbia and then came downtown. Grocery shopped after shop shopping. Made a delicious dinner of poached Hake and artichokes. Crocheted a flower and watched Miami Ink.
One thing I re-realized about Californian boys- they're so mild tempered and easy going. And easy to please. Always up for any kind of adventure- big or small. I miss that. Hanging out with Seth and Dan has been fun.
I hate having a job. I hate working for other people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home