Tuesday, March 07, 2006

I have to learn to say no.

So I've been dogsitting for BFF in the Bronx since last Thursday. Now, it wouldn't be so bad if I could just stay at his place while he was gone, but his apartment is rather gross. Bugs and mice gross. So I just can't stay there. I did for the first few days, but I was just so uncomfortable, it was making me anxious and irritable. So I moved out. Now I'm commuting to the Bronx in the morning before work, and then stopping by before going home at night. It's an extra 2.5 hours per trip. I feel badly because she is such a sweet and wonderful, funny little dog. But this is torture on my body and even more so on my already unstable mood. Dr. G made me feel a lot better about how irrationally angry I was feeling. Which helped me feel less angry in the end, ironically enough. So now I'm just dealing with it until Thursday, when BFF gets back from Iceland. This is the last time I'm watching Stella for him, as much as I love the shit out of her.

In other news, Debbie Stoller made a book about crocheting, and I picked that up last night. We'll see. I've been sewing a lot lately, too, and I have a lot of handbag and jewelry ideas floating around in my head. I want a Print Gocco so I can start stenciling/screening clothes/bags whatever. I think I'm going to really start to beef up the site and maybe move it to a server that will let me sell. And then I can partner with cutxpaste. We'll see. Dr. G says I should probably start thinking about a Career as opposed to just staying comfortable in my Job.

Nothing much is going on in my life- especially nothing with the boys. Hoops beamed me this awesome program called Palmasutra last night. It's hilarious. We were all sitting in the bar whining about how there's no boys for us to make out with when Derek starts saying there's plenty and starts naming those Danger Boys. You know the ones. The ones you don't DARE touch because you can tell they like you more than you'll ever like them and if you even look at them too long they think you're in a relationship and start calling and Cling-on-ing and it just becomes this big heartwrenching mess and you come out the medusa-esque whore. Plus, I'm not attracted at all to any of those guys.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home