Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Guilty Feet Have Got No Rhythm

It's Ash Wednesday today. I'm not Catholic. But I still feel compelled to get ashed. And to abstain from eating meat on Fridays. And to sacrifice something for Lent. Is it ridiculous that going to Catholic School all my life has sort of left this embedded in my brain? I know all of the prayers said during mass better than most "practicing Catholics". I know the stages of the cross. I know the Book of Revelation better than most people I know. I had a pretty decent and thorough Catholic training. So I feel guilty if I don't participate, but I've never even received any of the sacraments other than baptism. And I was baptized Lutheran- not Catholic. So for some strange reason, I feel I need to get ashed and not eat beef on my Mexican Pizza today. But this is the year of Do What You Want! so if I want beef on my pizza, I should eat beef on my pizza, right??

In other news, they karaokes are all going to Iceland tomorrow and I'm so jealous. I wish I was going with them. They're going to have such an amazing time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home