Tuesday, March 28, 2006

When You Cannot Love With Both Your Hands

So many things going on in my head right now... Ge was talking about taking classes at FIT when she moves back to NYC. This is something Dr. G. has been telling me to do for a while now. I think it's a sign- they're both G's. So I went to the FIT site and poked around- there's not much info on class schedules/prices online so I requested a catalog, but I did find out that they do have an accessories design program. Shoes, bags and jewelry. That's my jam. And being a NYC resident, I'd get a whopping discount. So we'll see. Plus, being an FIT student, I'd get discounts at many of the fabric stores (MOOD!!!) and other textile stores in this area. I love that I work in the Garment District but don't work in the Garment District. Until I start, though, I have some bags and jewelry ideas floating around in my head that I've sketched and need to sit down and create. Finding the time is the hard part- sacrificing going out to sit around at home and frustrate the crap out of myself trying to make things I'm not exactly trained to do depresses me. Also, I need a web design program (my Dreamweaver registration expired!) and a new camera. I want to revamp the site so that it looks like 4th grade internet class project and more actual design site. I'm getting there.

One of my life dreams was realized last night- singing 99 Luftballons in German at karaoke. In the book, it says, "German Version". It was a lie. I tried to do it in German anyway. This new regular Martika helped me out, but the English has an extra verse so I kinda jumbled everything up. It was still super fun and 2 Austrians came up to me after to say how much they loved it and they were surprised I don't speak German. I fooled the German speaking Austrians! hee hee. We celebrated Melissa's birthday and it was a total blast. BFF busted his pants open dancing and it was the most hilarious shit I've ever seen in my life. He just emailed me to browse through the new Crains and there's a giant picture of him and matt in an article about Mondays being the new Saturdays. It's amazing. They're getting so much press and things are really taking off- funny that they really are going to be a professional karaoke show- touring. Like a band, but not. I love it. I'm so proud, I get all choked up thinking about it.

Erika Ferguson gets in on Thursday. I have to call her. I have to see her! I miss her so much.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

what song does the title of this post come from? please tell me i've been trying to find it for days!!!

11:42 AM  
Blogger tiny hearted girl said...

Hi Russell-
It's from a Guillemots song called "Go Away"... sorry it took me so long to respond to this!

2:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home