Friday, August 24, 2007

The One Thing Dr. G Could Not Teach Me

I know what I need to figure out in order to start to fix myself, but I am really at a loss for where to even begin. Dr. Glicksman told me at pretty much every session that what I really needed to learn was to like myself. To have some self-esteem and see myself as a person of worth. I know it's completely ridiculous, and I can speculate and point fingers as to how I got this way (my mother didn't love me enough or whatever), but what do I do now that I see it? I'm not convinced that I am a valuable person and I recognize that I rely on other people telling me I am to feel any sort of worth at all and that is completely unhealthy. How do other people decide they are valuable and like themselves?

1 Comments:

Blogger Christopher B said...

It's funny, whenever I compliment you, I can tell that it never actually hits you or sinks in. It kind of bounces off. I guess that relates to this.

You are epic amounts more than just "not a completely unfortunate person."

4:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home