Saturday, December 23, 2006

It's Almost Christmas

Mike left yesterday around 6 and I found myself all alone in the store, listening to Stina Nordenstam sing Purple Rain in the most painfully beautiful kind of way, and I was starting to feel terribly depressed. This is the first year I'm not going home for Christmas, and it's very surreal how empty the city has gotten. It's much worse than Thanksgiving. It's eerie and lonely. I think the combination of this boy I've had interest in for years who finally called me 4 days before he moved away plus all of my friends fleeing for the holidays with my own not being able to flee is just too much for me to handle. I am having this irrational fear that JLew's words are going to come true and I'm going to end up homeless, wrapping Christmas gifts in my car parked on some desolate block somewhere, trying to get a job as a holiday extra at a mall somewhere.

Peyton always says: People always leave.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home