Wednesday, September 27, 2006

2 days off and I've never felt more rested in my life!

Yesterday was my first day off in a really long time and I spent it on me. Shocking concept. I slept in, did laundry, scrubbed my bathroom, watched TV, did a little shopping. And I feel more rested today than I have in FOREVER. I have a lot to do for Fall Collection today, and I know I won't finish. But I can get a big jump on it. And have some mental/emotional rest.

Having my coffee on the roof this morning, I was thinking about the huge pile of give away stuff and how that type writer is still under my bed and how I wonder if Flynn still wants it and how Flynn said I am supposed to write stories in the manner of 33 1/3 but around Flavors instead of musics and I got to thinking about writing about flavors or around flavors or infused with flavors and how to even go about starting to write with coconut lime in mind and how I miss more creative writings and about how good I was in high school and how I was always in honors and AP classes and was always touted as one of the best in my classes and about how once I got to college that all completely disappeared from my life and about how everything I wrote in college was so clinical and dry and about how I haven't written anything very stylish at all and about how much I miss it and about how I am giving myself a homework assignment. I have a blank notebook that I appropriated from Premier and in that notebook, I will execute this self imposed homework assignment. My goal is to, each week, pick a flavor, brainstorm what that flavor invokes in me, and write a story around a flavor. Yes, I know. Cliche. Flavor of the week. But really. I am going to reward myself for getting caught up on TFC by the end of September by giving myself this writing exercise starting in October.

For the last few weeks I was wondering: how long would it take for people to notice if I disappeared one day without warning? Just wondering.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home