Friday, May 12, 2006

But I Held My Tongue

Here's what I really wanted to say... but there was no need to start a fight.

From: me
Date: May 11, 2006 6:09 PM
Subject: Re: Death by Cuteness.
Reply Reply to all Forward Print Add sender to Contacts list Delete this message Report phishing Show original Message text garbled?


This reminds me of the time when we were all on stage singing and not only did I get pushed to the back where I couldn't see or be seen, I got pushed behind the curtain 3 times, and then Kate had to save me from getting pushed off the side of the stage when you rammed into me and shoved me backwards. pushed off the cc list, pushed off the stage.. whatever. it's all the same, right?

But I didn't figure it was intentional at all so I just dropped it.


- Hide quoted text -
On 5/11/06, Liz wrote:
another "technical difficulty" i guess.


On 5/11/2006 6:03 PM, Devon wrote:
>Why is she always rubbing joel in our face? Yes, we know he's hot blah blah
>blah.
>
>Oh wait, I didn't mean to cc you liz. Sorry.

On 5/11/06 6:02 PM, Liz wrote:
>>i don't think you did. must have been on the e-mail thread where i was
>>"mistakenly" left off. whatever. just an excuse for you all to flirt
>>with joel. i get it. i don't blame you.

On 5/11/2006 6:00 PM, Flynn wrote:
>>>i will be going out after. which you know. and you know where i'll
>>>be going. because i told you. but i'll text you anyway because i
>>>love you.

On 5/11/06, Liz wrote:
i wish i could, but since i was voted off the girl chat island
>>> today, i
>>> went and made other plans.... *sigh* if you feel like including me,
>>> which i would never count on, text me after if you're going out. but,
>>> if i don't hear from you, i'll assume you're all having fun with out
>>> me. again

On 5/11/2006 5:53 PM, Flynn wrote:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>word up i will be there. is kate coming or is she
>>>>>>>> >>> abandoning us
>>>>>>>>>>for kitten?

On 5/11/06, I wrote:
>>>>>>>> that sounds good to me.
>>>>>>>> I may have shot myself in the face by then as my Congressman
>>>> nominated Republican Of The Year Ass Backwards boss is making me
>>>> enormously aggravated today, but I will be there.

On 5/11/06, Devon wrote:
>>>>>>>> Are we meeting at union square cinema at 7 ladies?

It just seems to me like everyone is making such a big stink about their own feelings- throwing tantrums when they feel somehow shafted. But nobody cares about anyone else. Shandi didn't really say anything, but I could see it in her face and hear it in her voice when we talked about the emails that she felt let out. And I feel like I've been working so hard to make sure no one feels badly. I haven't exactly been feeling the most warmly welcomed myself, but I've been trying to brush that off as it is so difficult when you have such a large and unwieldy group. It just makes me a little turned off when we, as a whole, can be so inconsiderate to anyone and everyone else, but when it comes to ourselves, we're the center of the universe and everyone else is the bad guy.

I don't know. I know I'm being too hard on her and insensitive and I know she was really upset about being left off the list yesterday, and I do love her to death and only want her to be happy. But it wasn't intentional and everyone apologized and yet we're still being burned at the stake for it.

I was talking to Flynn about it yesterday and I mentioned how Jesse sent emails to me about how upset he was about not getting shirts. This poor guy is always feeling shafted (and in all honesty, he's not without reason. He does get shafted more than is really excusable) and I felt awful that he didn't know what was going on Monday night with the water fight and that when shirts were distributed, he was overlooked. And he let me know in about 3 emails how he felt. But after I explained and tried to tell him that it was totally by accident, he calmed down. Of course Flynn makes it sound like he over reacts and is hypersensitive about everything. And maybe he is. But what's the difference between the way Liz was acting yesterday- with her incessant stabs at us hating and neglecting her after our apologizing and making tireless efforts to make sure she wasn't dropped from the list again- and his calling out our slip yet again? How is it ok and excusable for her to have a tantrum if it's absurd for him to behave the way he did?

All in all, it's way too much drama and as much as I really love the group and want to be a part of the magic, I don't like the drama and the egg shells. It takes the fun out of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home