Thursday, February 16, 2006

Total Eclipse of my Brain

I have a myspace page and I often make entries in the blog on there, but they're mostly just those interview-like list things. I filled one out yesterday and thought my answer to "Do you really know all of the words to your national anthem?" was just so terribly clever. I said, "Yes, I know all of the words to Total Eclipse of the Heart." Flynn thought it was clever enough to copy, even. You see, BFF is the host of the most amazing karaoke show ever, which also happens to be THE MOST amazing weekly party in NYC. And the anthem for his party is TEotH. Flynn and I love to sing it, but BFF and his cohost matt usually do it. So on special occassions, Flynn and I steal it. We did it this Monday and it felt so good to belt that shit out again. It's been a while. I'm secretly hoping that they'll let us sing it for the Friday night special party next weekend.
I listened to it on my way home tonight and got all tingly over it. I adore that song so much! And of course I belted it out to Hoyt Ave while walking home from the subway... but after it on my karaoke mix on Arthur came Heart's "Alone". This song is so true to my LIFE. "Til now, I always got by on my own. I never really cared until I met you". So, Michael, until you, I was totally content being alone. But since you, I often feel lonely and want a companion (or at least a make out buddy). Not that I want Michael back- I actually find him sort of over bearing and obnoxious now and wouldn't want to date someone with such a pushy personality. But the sentiment of that part of the chorus still applies. He's still changed me forever. I guess that it was a good change, so I thank him for that much.
But when I sit back and think about it, I have the most amazing friends and I'm happy with my life as it is. I'm never actually lonely. I always have someone I can call to meet me for a meal or a movie or a game of pinball. So I don't really ever feel lonely. Probably more just horny. hee hee.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home