Wednesday, February 15, 2006

I think I'm addicted to talking about me

It seems like everytime I start a blog, I go bananas and post like a maniac and ignore all of the things going on in the world that are interesting and only talk about my small self. I mean, our Vice President shot someone and all I want to discuss on this thing is how I can't get a date and when I do find someone to date, I ruin it because I'm crazy. So just to clarify, I'm a narcissist and addicted to blogging. But that's just the way it's going to be. Hell, if you want to read about things going on in the world, there's a google news link to the right.

narcissism
Main Entry: nar·cis·sism

Pronunciation: 'när-s&-"si-z&m
Function: noun
Etymology: German Narzissismus, from Narziss Narcissus, from Latin Narcissus
1 :
EGOISM, EGOCENTRISM
2 : love of or sexual desire for one's own body-
nar·cis·sist
/'när-s&-sist/ noun or adjective- nar·cis·sis·tic /"när-s&-'sis-tik/ adjective

egocentric
Main Entry: ego·cen·tric

Pronunciation: "E-gO-'sen-trik also "e-
Function: adjective
1 : concerned with the individual rather than society
2 : taking the ego as the starting point in philosophy
3 a : limited in outlook or concern to one's own activities or needs b :
SELF-CENTERED, SELFISH

addict

Main Entry:
ad·dict
Pronunciation: &-'dikt
Function: transitive verb
Etymology: Latin addictus, past participle of addicere to favor, from ad- + dicere to say -- more at DICTION
1 : to devote or surrender (oneself) to something habitually or obsessively
2 : to cause addiction to a substance in

So I'm not trying to justify it at all. Just saying, this is how it is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home